Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, July 18, 2005

For me

I know that I should remain positive. I know that I should be thinking good thoughts, but I just can't seem to. I've done my crying for the day. I've done my time of feeling sick with worry.

I think this is going to go the way of the last one.

I'm not wanting pity; I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself. I don't want to be lectured about staying positive.

I'm writing this down for myself. I can see where I am and how I'm feeling (or not feeling), so I can use this as a reference at a later date.

My boobs didn't get big like last time. They didn't get sore until a few days ago.

My m/s has gone away. I spent a week feeling moderately nausous, a few days feeling pretty bad for atleast part of the day and then now I have nothing.

I haven't been nearly as tired as I was last time. I haven't taken a nap in two days and today I didn't need one.

My boobs aren't nearly as sore as they've been.

I don't have to pee all the time. This afternoon when we were out running errands, I didn't need to pee for over 4 hours.

I had a dream that my sil was pg too. I remember saying that we'd be about two weeks apart and we'd go through this together. I remember everyone looking at me and saying that there's no way this one was going to make it for me and at least they'd have hers.

For some reason I just have this feeling way down inside that it's too late and this one isn't going to make it either.

* * * * * * * *

I told my parents today. I didn't really want to tell my mom, but I knew that if I didn't and everything goes fine, she'd be really mad that mil knew and she didn't. When I told my dad, he was really cute about it. He said he'd be secretly excited and cross his fingers, toes, and pray a lot. My mom's response was: "Really? Are you sure you wanted to tell me that? I thought you would have kept it to yourselves this time." And she wondered why I didn't want to tell her. She wonders why there is no way in hell we'd move up there with them. She wonders why we don't have the as close of a relationship as MIL and I do.

Maybe it's just between my dream and my mom's comment that I'm feeling like this today, but I just feel so certain.

So far, I'm not impressed with my dr. I called them at 1:00 ish. They gave a message to the triage nurse. When did they call me back? 5:00. 4 hours later. Are you kidding me? I'll call first thing in the morning and if they tell me that she'll call me back, I will be bitchy enough to ask if it will take her 4 hours to call me back again. I guess I could go back to my first dr and say that I was never to have that other dr again.

God, please give me the strength to make it through this. Thank you for giving me a husband who loves me despite my antics, issues, and shortcomings. And if it's not too late, please, please, please let me have this baby, a healthy baby that J and I want so badly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

HUGE HUGS Lindsay. Your post broke my heart. I will not lecture you about staying positive. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things okay for you. I WILL however continue to pray for you and the little one inside you. I would definitely call your doctor's office again and again until you get the result you are looking for. They are there for you and they should be understanding of everything you have gone through.
Thinking of you...
Laura

7:10 AM  
Blogger S said...

OH Lindsay! I am so sorry you are feeling this way! I wish I could do something to make this easier for you but I can't. Instead I will pray for you and your baby. I am sorry your mom wasn't very thoughtful! I am sending you lots of love and hugs! xoxo Sheri

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home