Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer's here, stress is leaving

I am amazed at how less stressed I am now that school is out.

I am taking a class right now and have to be around one of my friends that stresses me out. She's my workout partner who thinks that ttc is a competition. She's the one who said, right after my m/c, that she hoped to "beat" me. I just get around her and stress out. It'll be nice to be away for the next two weeks.

I have an entire book to read and essay to write and haven't started. Yet, I'm not stressed. I probably should be though.

I'm doing better with my eating, though. I'm definitely feeling more in-control of things right now. I still stress out about the way I look. As time goes on and I get closer and closer to my h.s. reunion, the more obsessed about my weight I get. I'm definitely NOT where I wanted to be before my reunion. I know I shouldn't care. I know that I could care less about what most people think of me. I know that I've got a much better life than a lot of them, yet I'm still worried about going and being one of those that "has gotten fat." At this point, I don't want to go. I know I'll regret it, but I really don't want to go like this. I told dh a long time ago that I would only go if: 1. I lost 20 pounds or 2. I was pg. Since neither of those are quite working out, I'm not sure I have any interest in going. This is one of the things that I dislike about myself the most. I wish I could be comfortable in my own skin. I am SOOO self-conscious. It's not so much fun. :)

Not much else to talk about, so I'm going to go start my reading. I have only 5 days to read that book and write an essay on it. YUCK!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Lindsay- you're probably right, you've got a better life than a lot of them! I've got 2 HS reunions to go to this summer. The first is about 3 weeks after the little guy comes out. I hope I can lose a bit of weight since I'm right at 200lbs! I know I shouldn't care what they think either, but I do. I just think of highschool when I weighed 120 lbs, ate absolutely nothing but Salads if I even ate that day, and ran everyday because I was addicted to being thin. 120 lbs vs 200lbs I think are they even going to recognize me?? I'm sure they'll have their little comments.

I'm sure a lot of your old classmates can't say that they are a dedicated teacher trying to start a family with a loving husband and living in a nice house when not polka-dotted! lol

;) Sabrina

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home