Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Is it for real this time?

I sit here at my computer (in the dark), staring at the background of my desk top. It's a picture of my wonderful nephew. I love him to death. If you were to walk around my house and see the pictures of him everywhere, you might think he was my own child. But, no. I think of how easy if was for L and R to get pg. I think of how easy her pgcy was. I think of how easily R found a new job and now L can stay home with TJ. I know they have struggles of their own, but I think of how easy their adventure of becoming parents has been and I will admit that I'm jealous.

Today I had no m/s. None at all. So, now the worries creep back in my head and here I am on the verge of tears, scared to death that I'll lose this one too. I'll admit that I'm not "over the mood" or "on cloud nine." I sure wish I could be, though. I'm scared. A lot.

I find myself praying a lot lately. I feel so selfish in my prayers however. I feel like I'm a spoiled child, begging for something, promising to be good if I get it. I don't know what else to do though. I'm scared.

I don't want to tell anyone. Not even our families. I don't think I'm ready to be excited yet. I don't know if I can handle hearing the sadness in my MIL's voice again. It's funny that I had a horribly hard time telling my MIL, who is willing to be emotionally available to me, and very little trouble telling my mom about the m/c.

As the tears run down my face I keep worrying, worrying that once again, my heart will be broken. I feel selfish for saying that. I feel like I should be ecstaticly happy. I feel like I should be overjoyed. I feel like it's very selfish of me to be scared like I am.

I wish there was a distinct sign that everything is going to be okay. I AM overjoyed when I have m/s. But even then I'm afraid that it won't last.

9 days until my first dr appt. I know there will be nothing in that appointment that will confirm the health of my baby, but I still wish it was here now. I'm going to beg - I'm not above crying for an early u/s. I keep hoping that once I see the h/b, I'll feel better-I'll be reassured. At least a little. I just want to see him (since that's what J thinks it is) and his h/b and him measuring over 7w3d. At my appointment I'll be 6w5d. I guess we'll just have to see what they'll do for us.

J was so excited at first. Now, we haven't talked much about it in the last two days. I think he's getting scared too, but for some reason we won't talk about it. I think right now, it's like if we keep ourselves emotionally detached, it'll be easier later. I feel almost like we're just waiting-in a holding pattern. Neither one of us has made any movements or suggestions toward getting my pg stuff out of the attic. I am still wearing my normal bras (even though the underwire isn't touching my ribs).

I guess I'm just having a bad day emotionally. I hate it when I get in these "pity me" moods. Grrrr! Tomorrow will be better, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh Lindsay...it's okay to be scared and a little bit detached. You have every right to be terrified, even though you know you should be happy. Take one day at a time, that's all you can do. Please be sure to explain to your doctor how anxious you are about this pregnancy and ask if you can have an early u/s. I had one at 7 weeks, and we were able to see the baby and the heartbeat. My doctor said once you can see the heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage goes down to less than 5%.

Please know that I, along with all the other girls on the board, are praying for you and this pregnancy. We are here ANYTIME you need to vent, cry, complain, etc.

Sending you big hugs!

5:16 AM  
Blogger S said...

You know I am sending you lots of love and hugs right now. I remember how crappy the first few weeks are because you just don't know what is happening. It sucks!(and at 17 weeks doesn't really get easier) Love ya lots sweetie! Sheri

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home