Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Should I be excited or scared?

I don't think it has really sunk in yet. It's a fleeting acceptance. I am fully aware of the fact that I'm pg when I'm doing everything I can to not puke, but at times llike now it doesn't seem real.

Here's the path of the last few weeks:

First I wasn't sure I O'd before dh left on his trip. FF said I did, but them moved the date by 4 days, meaning we'd have missed our chance.

6 dpo- I had a dream that I was very pg.

8 dpo- Dh had a dream that I was pg with a boy.

9 dpo- I started feeling nauseous

10 dpo- I had to wash every piece of clothing I had with me because everything smelled horribly.

11 dpo- All I could smell was pee.

14 dpo- Tested late morning (after 3 pees) and it was an instant bfp.

So now what:

I called my new dr (we'll see how this goes) and they won't see me until July 25th. Then they won't see me again until August 25th. I called my NP that I saw earlier in the year and she said she's recommended for me to have an early u/s and to request it at my appt on the 25th. So until then... I POAS. I have two tests to burn before I go buy more :)

I'm a little freaked out about this. I know I'm way more nauseus already this time, but still. My due date is March 15th. Exactly 7 days after my due date last time.

Dh is so cute about it all. He keeps asking me how I'm feeling. We both grin after I tell him when I don't feel good. I know many women dread m/s for someone who has had a m/c, it's a welcome and even invited sign. Dh keeps calling he "Hot Mama." It sounds dumb, but I love it. When I was shaking right after the test, he told me that I better stop. "What do you thing we have in there? A can of paint? Haven't you ever heard of shaken baby syndrom? You have to stop shaking!" It's funny and not funny at the same time :)

Dh wants to tell our families soon. I'm not so sure. I think I'd rather tell them in a few weeks after we've had an u/s and we've seen that everything is okay. It would be nice to share it with somebody, though. I have a very very hard time keeping secrets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Lindsay-
I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you! I think you have every right to be both excited AND scared after your m/c last year. Try to enjoy every moment as much as you can. I love that DH is calling you Hot Mama! How cute! If you feel like telling your families, TELL! It's wonderful news and should be celebrated! I'm praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you.

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I have had such a love/hate relationship with food my entire life, so facing a 35-pound weight loss challenge is really hard and mind boggling. I am just trying to make good choices each day, and like you said, learn to start over after vacations or parties, etc. when I have eaten unhealthy.

Congrats again!!! HUGS!

7:58 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh Lindsay - I am just so happy for you and J. I know how you feel, that you don't want to tell people "just in case" I was the same way but Shawn convinced me that the more people who know the more people who are praying for us and this baby. He has a good point. Support is always appreciated.
Still over the moon for you!
Love
Sheri

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home