Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Please God No!

We just got word that J's Grandmother (I have called her Grandma since we started dating) just had a massive heart attack.

All we know is that Grandpa went outside and when he came back she was out. We know she had no pulse and Grandpa did CPR on her until the paramedics arrived and took her away. As far as we know she still didn't have a pulse when they took her.

J's parents just left to go up there. We're waiting to hear any info at all. I just feel sick.

She was just here a few weeks ago. She was just sitting on our couch, holding Jana. We just got a package a few days ago from her with another hat and a pair of booties she knitted.

She has to be here to have that amazing relationship with my daughter that she has with J's sister. She has to be the wonderful great-grandma that Jana loves to go visit.

J's Grandma is one of the sweetest and most wonderful women I have ever known. She loves everyone and has the sweetest disposition. She has spent her life loving people.

One of my favorite memories of Grandma and Grandpa was on their 50th wedding anniversary party, Grandpa grabbed me and turned me to look at Grandma and said, "Isn't she still beautiful?" I can only wish that J and I have that much love and passion when we're they're age.



We just got some bad news. They were able to restart her heart, however there is no brain activity.

We had to call D in Africa. He was a total wreck. He's missed out on so much this year while being in the Peace Corps, but this is by far the worst. I guess he made the comment, "This is the phone call I've been dreading since I left for the Peace Corps." I don't know how we'll all do it, but if we have to, we'll fly him back here.

I haven't stopped crying since we got the phone call. J's lost it a few times, but is by far much beter off than I am... and she's not my grandma. Do I feel badly or what?!?!?!?!

I think he feels the worst about when they were here a few weeks ago, we forgot to get the 4 generations picture. That was when he really got sad.

So, my final thoughts are this...

God, please put peace in the grieving hearts of all those that love and cherish Grandma. Please be with Grandpa in this time of need.





We love you Grandma!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Gosh Lindsay that is so sad! I'm so sorry you and your family are having to go through this right now. Big Hugs. Did they take her off of life support yet? How tragic.

11:45 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh Lindsay! I am so sorry! I am sending you and Jeremy big hugs! xoxox

2:53 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Still have you all in my prayers. Have you gotten any more news?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Lindsay, you have been tagged! See my blog for details!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home