Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Baby Shower's Wonderful Craziness

Sorry this isn't too much of an update; I'll work on that soon.

I did want to show you the madness and generosity of those that are either current or past voices of my life that wanted to show their love and support of me through showering our baby with wonderful presents.





Here are pictures of the mass pile of presents as we unloaded the car and stacked them up in the baby's room (or will be baby's room after we pick up the furniture next weekend).














The next two pictures are of two of my favorite outfits. I'd have to say that the striped giraffe outfit and stuffed animal are my absolute favorite, but the green Pooh outfit with matching blanket are a close second.


















One of the most amazing things about all the gifts we got was how much thought people put into what they gave. I had a friend who taught herself how to knit so she could knit the baby a blanket. My Godfather's wife made us a blanket. J's brother and sister in law bought us their favorite books. It's just amazing how much each present represented who the giver was.








The next pictures are of the beautiful quilt that J's grandma made for the baby. It has all different Winnie the Pooh prints on one side, one print on the other and then is trimmed with satin all the way around.
























Lastly here are some recent belly pics. I am definitely feeling big now. These are taken at 31 weeks. Yikes, that's scary to type.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

You look great! I loved getting handmade blankets and have about 10 that people have made our kids over the years. The quilts are the best. I like how his grandma designed it with all the different prints of Pooh! Cute!

5:28 AM  
Blogger S said...

Great haul! woo hoo! Spoiled little baby already!

You look fabulous! I hope you feel as good as you look!

xoxo

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home