Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Holiday Drama SUCKS!!!!

So, here's the long story. We have had issues with how we spend our holidays for years. My parents -- scratch that, Mother -- doesn't give a shit about how we want to spend our holidays. It's what she wants. Period. End of story. So if we never got to spend a holiday with J's family or by ourselves, she wouldn't care. We've been doing the every other holiday deal: so we spend Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his. Then it alternates next year.

The problem is that J's family also goes on every other Thanksgiving, so we never get to see the side of his family that we want to see. There are 13 cousins on that side that we never get to see, plus 3 sets of aunts and uncles, and grandparents that we never get to see.

So we're trying to break this pattern because we want to spend our baby's first Christmas at our house. But, that's a whole different story.

So, we have Thanksgiving on Thursday. We're driving to my parents on Wednesday night. We'll get up and go to J's family's Thanksgiving (an hour and a half away) to spend maybe two hours and drive back to my parents in time for dinner. My mother quickly agreed to this. And then I found out why.

My parents have a 5000 sq. foot house with three bedrooms. Works fine until you have 3 sets of adult children. So, it's always a battle to see who doesn't get a bedroom. And guess who loses this time? Yes, you guessed it. It would be me, the 6 month pregnant girl who now has to sleep on the floor for 4 nights. When my SIL was pg with my nephew, the whole world bowed to her every whim, need and whine. Last time we were there for Thanksgiving and Laura was pregnant, we slept one night in the bedroom that R and L always sleep in and then we got moved to the basement when they arrived. This time, K and C will sleep in the bedroom that we usually sleep in and I'm supposed to sleep on the floor. THE FUCKING FLOOR!!!!! I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I'm supposed to sleep on the floor.

I don't pull the pregnant card very often. In fact, I've only done it once: I was told I was going to have to travel rooms. Other than that, I don't pull that card. I don't ask for special treatment, expect or ask for pity or even really complain about what's going on or how I'm feeling. Maybe I should!

I'm just in shock.

I've never been one to complain, ask for help, accept pity. Maybe this is why I find myself getting walked on.

At this point, I think we may be going to one of my friends' houses to stay. Wouldn't that go over well? Then we'll come home as soon as we can.

GRRRRRRR!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Your mom sounds alot like mine. I would make a point of telling her you'll be staying with friends somewhere else so she gets the clue. That is really messed up that you SIL is given better treatment than her own daughter. How far away do you live from your parents?

Big Hugs!

6:05 AM  
Blogger S said...

I don't blame you one bit for this vent! That is so frustrating! I would have told her I was staying at a hotel and see what she says to that. I am sorry your holidays are starting out so badly! Sending you hugs!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home