Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hormone-Driven Emotions

We just got off the phone with Dave (J's bro who is in Senegal with the peace corps) and now I'm an emotional wreck. It makes me sad that he's so far away and not here with us, especially now that the holidays are approaching. We got to spend the last few holidays with him and through the m/c last year, we became pretty close. I miss him a ton!

I know he's doing amazing things for people there and I know this is a great experience for him, but selfishly, I want him here with us to meet his first neice or nephew. I know it's only the first year he'll miss and by the time he comes back, he'll be here for when the baby goes through the more fun stage of walking, etc. I know we'll have to just work harder to give him updates and send him pictures, etc.

But me, in my highly emotional, whiney state, just wants him here!

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Just went through the same things here (on a much smaller scale) Shawn's bro and his GF want to go away for Christmas which means they would miss out on the baby. I know Shawn would be upset if he went away but Shawn would never tell his brother that directly. I just hope his brother realizes how important it is to Shawn that he is around this Christmas. Being pregnant really makes you realize how important being a family is, doesn't it?

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home