Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I HATE PEOPLE (some of them)!

So my bad day yesterday gave birth to an even worse day today!!!!

Well, as it stands now, we are filing an official grievance because my principal thought he could bully me out of following through on this issue.

He made so many hurtful and spiteful comments to me today. He was an English teacher, so he is the master of implications and inuendos.

He took a respectful heads up and turned it into this ridiculous pissing match. As J says, he was being "a little bitch," meant solely in the adolescent, immature, whiney, baby-ish sense.

I understand that for me this isn't personal. I may dislike my principal strongly, but I did all that I could to keep it professional. He is the one who made it something else. Once again, I'm told I'm not a team player, I'm creating division within the "family" (however immensely disfunctional it is). I'm also threatened with the ultimatum that if I press this issue, my principal will come down on everyone for their proper use of their prep time. I say BRING IT ON!!!!! If someone is screwing around on their prep time and not doing their job it is the responsibility of the administration to call them on it. WHY IS THAT SO HARD?!?!?!?!

This school asks more from us than any other school in the district. We have before and afterschool duties, Sr project kids we monitor and grade papers for (no extra pay), advisory kids that we're responsible for, and no extra time to do it. In fact, we had our grading days taken away from us, too. So now we have more responsibility and even less time to do it. And now I am being told I am the destroyer of free will.

As if all this wasn't enough, I got the meanest email from some parents who are being told half the story. It was basically a "how can you call yourself a teacher?" type email.

So in-closing, I must say...

I am thankful for the gifts of my baby, my husband, my family, and my friends but...

I HATE MY FUCKING JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I am coming off one of those shitty days too (which I just blogged about to make myself feel better)

I am sorry you had a crappy day but I LOVE that you ended your post with all the good things in your life, because you know that is what it is really all about!

xoxox

Sheri

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home