Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I think I understand now

I was talking to a friend today (another one who knows, bad me) and I was telling her how much of a basket case I was yesterday and it just came out.

I was telling her how the tech said "I don't think you're as far along as you think you are." I think it was an instant flash back to the tech in Wyoming who asked if I was sure I was as far along as I thought. That was when I measured three weeks off and was told they couldn't find the heartbeat.

I think that is why that was the one thing I focused on and why it got to me so much.

I'm hoping I can start to relax about everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I can assure you, there is a whole network of people praying for you (I am at the top of that list)

Love ya girl!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Lindsay- wanted to tell you that, the phrase "are you sure you are this far along" has happened with me in EVERY pregnancy. Only time it scared me was when I miscarried. With Damien, I had my chart, I knew my due date and ovulation date and I went to my OB armed with this information. When she did that first scan, there was just a sac. I was alittle freaked out but it was early (5 wks) at 6 wks there was a heartbeat and she said she was worried because the heartrate was so slow. Do they say this stuff just to keep us on edge?? Ugh!

I'm sure your little bean is growing like a weed! It is hard to relax but I'm positive everything will be fine this time around.

Big Hugs!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home