Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

2/24/08

We had a nice quiet weekend. It was so nice to have a weekend in which we had people visiting or hosting people, or had to be somewhere.

The girls are finally starting to get healthy, which is a huge relief, but I just got a call from the person who watched the girls on Friday and her son has had a 102 temp all weekend and has what looks like the flu. Did I mention that I didn't get the girls their flu shots this year? Ugh!

Gratitude Journal:

I'm grateful for...

1. a quiet weekend. It was so nice.

2. an wonderful little toddler, who's language is blossoming. Today she made us laugh so hard. I was nursing Kara and she exclaimed "Sissy eating mama's boob!" Oh my, I love this kid!

3. clean sheets. I love the feel of clean sheets.

4. Great inlaws who are coming to watch the girls tomorrow since we can't take them to K's again.

5. My first day at the gym now that I've joined and I'm starting fresh!


Goals from yesterday:

1. J and I had some good quiet time together during nap time.
2. The downstairs is straightened up, but I didn't get to the cleaning (I went to the gym instead).
3. I'm happily snuggled into a clean bed.
4. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine.


Goals for tomorrow:
1. Have a good eating day!
2. Work out tomorrow night after the girls go to bed.
3. Write Thank cards.
4. Be on time for subbing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

Hey Lindsay. If it makes you feel any better - I just read a really scary report on the Mercury levels in Flu shots - they are CRAZY. So maybe in the long run, no flu shot is better!

I am glad that you all had a nice weekend - we are looking forward to some quiet ones around here (hopefully).

Glad the kids are healthy! COld and Flu season is TERRIBLE! I'm ready for some nice weather and healthy people around here!

Hugs!
Chels

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home