Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, February 18, 2008

2/18/08

Getting back on track.

It's been a zoo around here.

My mom arrived Tuesday.

I subbed Wednesday. My gma arrived Wednesday.

Jana's birthday was Thursday - we had a playdate in the morning with two families of kids that came and mil & fil, and mom and gma came too. I had a meeting at the gym during nap time. We had a small birthday dinner for Jana on Thursday too. Kara came down with a runny nose also.

Friday I had to do a training to be a sub in the school district I used to work - which included me running around to get my paper work straightened out. Kara's runny nose worsens (snot turned green, to be graphic).

Saturday we had everybody over for Jana's birthday party (see http://myblueeyedbabes.blogspot.com for pics of the party). Jana woke up with a runny nose. At about 11:30, Kara wakes up with this horrible barking cough. I'm ready to take her to the ER, but J talks me out of it (turns out my pedi was shocked I didn't because of how bad she was, oops!).

Sunday I take Kara to the dr and she gets treated for Croup. Jana and J head to his parents to hang out with his bro and bro's girlfriend. Kara and I meet them there and we hang out until way past Jana's nap. We head home and put the girls down for naps. My dad comes over to hang out for a while.

Monday we headed to the local children's science museum to play with Tyler and Justin. We got home for the girls' naps, then Mom, gma, and Kara and I headed to Costco so we could send Grandma home with pictures from the week.

Now I'm in bed. Sick. I've just spent the last hour and a half getting the girls ready because my father in law is coming over to watch them while I go sub tomorrow. I'm subbing all week, despite being sick, because we desperately need the money.

So as I've said, it's been nutty around here. It's been fun and I'm so incredibly glad that my grandma came to visit. I'm hoping we can head down there this summer to visit her and friends, but we'll see.

Gratitude Journal:

I'm grateful for:

1. My grandma coming to visit. She's never met my girls before and loved them. The best thing was that they love her. As she was leaving Jana called out "Bye, bye GG. Wuv you GG." Grandma even got a little emotional when she left because she was so glad she game and "got to meet my girls." I love that she called them her girls. My grandma isn't the typical Grandma, so this was a very special week for me.

2. Spending time with my brother and his family. Jana had such a blast with the boys and I'm so appreciative of them coming down to visit. They don't often make it down here, so it was great to have them. I love that Jana sees pictures and names off Tyler, Justin, Laura, and Ryan.

3. I haven't gotten to spend nearly as much time with my dad as I have with my mom lately, so it was very nice to hang out with him. He even came over yesterday afternoon to spend time with us and we got to sit around and chat. My dad's the greatest, but he kind of takes the back seat to my mom - to keep the peace.

4. Beautiful days. The weather has been amazing. It's been so nice to be able to get outside and let Jana run wild.

5. J's sis and fiance and his bro and girlfriend all made it down. We didn't get to spend much time with Meg and Shaun, but we got to spend more time with Dave and Jenny. They're so great! I've really gotten attached to Jenny. She's a total sweetheart.

Goals for tomorrow:
1. Have a good eating day (haven't had one of those in a while)
2. Set up an appointment to sign the paperwork for the gym.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deanne said...

Lindsay, I am sorry you are sick. Yuck! It sounds like your hectic week was a great one. I am glad you had some quality family time. It is so hard to eat well when you have company! Good luck w/ your goals! :)

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home