Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Friday, January 25, 2008

1/25/08

Gratitude Journal:

1. We got to visit Daddy at work today because there were no kids today (grading day). Jana was so excited to see him and Kara got some good mid-day Daddy cuddling.

2. While visiting Daddy, I ran into some friends that I used to teach with. They were begging me to come and sub there. It's so nice to know that I still have friends there and also to know that they would love to have me as their sub - they trust my ability to teach and to be a sub.

3. My friend S came over for a little while. It was a short visit, but it was so fun to get a chance to talk. I've missed hanging out with her and haven't been able to for so long because of my working.

4. I went to a friend's Southern Living party. I wasn't able to be there for very long (because Kara melted down), but it was fun to hang out with people. It was an added bonus that everyone kept oohing and ahhing over how cute they thought Kara was. It's so nice to hear compliments about your child.

5. I took the girls to the indoor park today and we got to spend some time with a friend and her two kids. It was good to et outof the house and let Jana run around. It was super chaotic, but fun. There was this 3 or 4 year old boy who kept coming around where Jana was playing and bringing her toys. It was so funny!

Yesterday's Goals.
1. I made dinner so that J just had to put it in the oven. It was a fabulous Rosemary pork tenderloin. Yummy!
2. Didn't happen, I wasn't home much today.
3. I went on a 3.5 mile run today. Yay!
4. I took the girls to the indoor center
5. I had a good eating day again. I was really careful when I was at the party... I was even able to avoid the chocolate chip cookies (one of my greatest weaknesses).
6. I still haven't put together my packing list, but I'm going to try to do that when I get into bed.

Tomorrow's Goals:
1. Exercise
2. Good Eating day (These are moving up the list and going to be permanent goals for a while)
3. Write my packing list.
4. Laundry
5. Make some lasagnas for J.
6. Make some taco soup.
6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home