Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

1/24/08

Gratitude Journal:

I'm so grateful for...
1. my old friends at my old school. We went to visit today and it was so nice to see everyone and it felt good to have people excited to see me (well, actually us because I think they were excited to see the girls.

2. A fun morning with Jana. We drew on her whiteboard on her easel, colored, drew on the patio with her sidewalk chalk, rode her tricycle around the neighborhood and played on her slide. Kara took a great morning nap, so we got great time together.

3. A little naughty time with J. :-) There's no better way to feel better about your appearance than the man you love telling you that you're beautiful and he loves you more today than ever before.

4. Jana ate an awesome dinner, so we didn't have that battle.

5. This is going to sound weird as something I'm grateful for. I was changing Jana's diaper before her nap. She was over tired and very cranky. As I was getting her down from the changing table, she smacked me on the eye, which caused me to stumble and I ended up setting Jana down a little harder than normal. She burst into tears and was sobbing as I was still covering my eye - which smarted. I gave her a hug and she just clung to me saying "sorry Mommy" over and over. I sat her on my lap and explained that when she hit me, she made me fall, so she fell. "I know." Are you okay? "yeah" Did you think Mommy was mad at you? "yeah" I'm not mad at you honey, but you can't hit Mama like that. It hurts me. "I know." "Sorry Mama." And she leaned over and kissed me (she's very stingy with kisses). She just sat there hugging me for a long time. This is something I'm grateful for, because it was apparent to me that it affected her and she was sad about it. I know she forgets it everytime she doesn't get what she wants, but I'll take this as a victory because she knows it's wrong... now to be consistent for the next 20 years. :-)

Yesterday's Goals:
1. I didn't run, but I did a 40 minute work out from one of my videos. (19 degrees sounded too cold for me... okay, I'm a weenie).

2. I had a better eating day. Not perfect, but much better. I got so hungry/needing a snack that I ate more than I should, but when I went to lunch with everyone, I didn't eat so I didn't eat all the crap they had.

3/4. I didn't get to because I took a nap since J and I were up way too late last night.


Tomorrow's Goals:
1. Make dinner ahead of time.
2. Make some meals for J for next week when I'm gone.
3. Work out
4. Take the girls to the indoor playground to play.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I love how an incident with Jana led to being something you are grateful for! Once you start paying attention to things, you will find gratitude in so many things!
xoxox

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home