Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

1/26/08

Gratitude Journal:
I'm grateful for...

1. Extra sleep - Kara slept straight until 6 am and then slept until 9. It felt good to sleep that long.
2. My friend R came over today to hang out with the girls and I. She brought me coffee and I made us all breakfast burritos. She loves my girls, so we had fun hanging out and playing with the girls. (And she let me take a shower while she hung out with Jana).
3. (Sounds weird, again). J was waving a box in the air, fanning Jana. She copied him and accidentally hit Kara. Kara has a bruise on her head and was screaming. Jana felt horrible and gave Kara kisses.
4. Jana's swimsuit. I found it at Target. It's a cute little boy-short and kind of rash-guard shirt. It's blue with hawaiian flowers all over it. Soooo cute!
5. my girls coming with me tomorrow. I know I wouldn't have taken the job if they couldn't have come, but it feels good to know they will get time with Aunt Boo (dubbed "gma #3"), and they'll get to see Great gma MJ - it'll mean nothing to them (and will probably scare Jana), but we will all feel better knowing that GG MJ got to meet Kara.


Yesterday's Goals:
1. I didn't get a chance to exercise because I slept in, then spent the rest of the day trying to get ready. I'm a little bummed about that, but oh well.
2. I didn't have a great eating day. I didn't eat nearly enough. I just got too busy and forgot to eat lunch.
3. I wrote my packing list before I went to bed last night.
4. I did a ton of laundry today.
5. I made a lasagna for dinner and one for the freezer, so J will can eat it next week.
6. I never got to the taco soup, but he'll live.

Tomorrow's Goals:
1. Workout or run before I leave.
2. Pack the car early so I'm not running around like crazy trying to leave.
3. Make good food choices on the drive.
4. Get to bed at a decent time tomorrow night since it'll be an early morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deanne said...

Lindsay, I love this idea! I am sorry I haven't been commenting, I have only had a min. here and there to even read blogs! Things are slowing down though and I am planning on catching up!!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home