Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

What a freakin' disaster!

Moving day was a nightmare and don't think for a second I'm exaggerating.

We were supposed to sign papers on the house on Thursday or Friday of last week... HA! Then the papers were supposed to be sent to the title company on Thursday... friday... Nope... try Monday morning at 8:00. We weren't able to get into the title company to sign the papers until 1:30... That means no funding and recording until Tuesday. We rented the moving van on Tuesday because we were supposed to get the keys on Monday and clean. When we signed the papers on Monday, she told us the earliest we could get the keys would be noon.... our hired movers (J's students) were going to be there at 10 am. Grrrr!

But that doesn't even begin to explain the disaster that was Tuesday.... We'll just say that "Mean Lindsay" came to visit.


So we start packing up the moving van. Our Mortgage guy's assistant called (he's on vacation, so his assistant Gracie was working with us), and said that we were missing documents and couldn't get funded without them. Because we hadn't sold our house yet we needed to show more assets like our investments and retirement. We went into this with the idea that we wouldn't have sold our house and we were told that we were approved for so much more than what we bought that we could own both and be approved, I guess he was wrong. Did I mention that we were all packed up so I had no idea where in the HELL those documents were?!?!?!?! Bitch Lindsay came to visit and I chewed Gracie out, chewed out her superviser and chewed out our mortgage guy who was on vacation. So we figure out how to get our financial advisor to fax that stuff over so we could try to get funded. 11:00 came and went. 12:00, I'm on the phone with the Mortgage people, our realtor and the title company. Not funded yet. 1:00, Gracie calls saying that we're funded so we should be able to pick up the keys. Call the title company... Gracie lied, not funded yet. 2:00, Bitch Lindsay is on the phone with everyone once again, because I want someone's head now. Our $10 an hour movers are sitting in the kitchen eating lunch because we don't have anything to do. 3:00, I'm yelling at everyone at the Mortgage company, because I'm so pissed off! 3:30 we get a call from the title company saying we can get the keys. Did I mention that we were originally supposed to pick them up on Monday, not 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon!

We'll just say that it's been a long time since I've had to be that much of a bitch. At one point I remember saying to Gracie that there were two options of what happened... Either they screwed up or they're just idiots that can't do their job... either way, it's their mistake and they need to fix it!

We ended up only getting half the stuff moved and paid over $350 for the movers, the moving truck, and food for the movers, since we had to feed them lunch AND dinner.

But, we're here and that's what is most important, but man it was a mess getting here.

Our house is a disaster. We can't find anything. I can't take pictures because we can't find the card or card reader for the camera (oops). My parents will be here tomorrow and I'm not sure we can unearth the bed by then. Jana's been a trooper, but has had some seriously bad days. The kid doesn't know which direction is up. She has an awesome new room that seems so much bigger than her old room. We can actually play in it! Things are slowly starting to come together, but we've got a ways to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

UGH and THAT is why I don't move! I hope you are all settled now! Post some pictures soon of the new place and your little girl too!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home