Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Stealing Sara's idea

The things I absolutely love...

The way baby J's face lights up when she sees me.
I can be gone for a few seconds or longer, but when she sees my face, she gets this huge slobbery, gummy grin that is just enormous. However, it isn't just the smile; she smiles with her eyes. She can be covering her face, yet you still know she's smiling because her eyes just glow when she's smiling.

How much J loves baby J.
I have always believed that one of the sexiest things on the face of the earth was watching a man with his kids. I love to watch J and baby J together. All macho-ness goes out the window and he is kissing, cuddling, and talking to her in the most adorable way. He is so excited for her to be able to go in a seat on the back of his bike. He can't wait! He bought her a "yellow jersey" that she can wear when they ride together.

The smile from baby J in the morning.
Even if I'm exhausted and want to sleep more, I can't help but be instantly put into a great mood when I see that smile first thing in the morning. It's the 100%-genuine, "I'm so glad to see you," smile. It's also always followed by the happy wiggle. She does this kicking of her feet and side to side body wiggle when she's happy. Even though she doesn't laugh often, there is no question when she's happy.

Date night.
Wednesday night, we went out on our first date night since baby J was born. My inlaws stayed with her while we went to the Olive Garden for dinner and then to see Pirates. It was wierd to be out without baby J, but we're discovering we can't really go out with her anymore. She's just not content to sit in her car seat for very long and we always want to eat too late so that we're missing her feeding and bed time. Anyway, it was really nice.


By the way, on Saturdaym Baby J sat on her own for the first time. She was sitting on my legs while I was in the recliner and she sat for a good 20-30 seconds. She can also hold her own bottle now. It's pretty amazing to watch her grow and learn!

Here are some new pics...

Serious Baby!




Smiley Baby!





Too cute in her summer dress!

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

She's a keeper! She is just to sweet! I am going to do a "what I love" post too, sometimes I forget all the blessings around me!

10:45 AM  
Blogger S said...

I hope the move is going well for you!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home