Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Peace, Blue Water, Warm Sand, and A Little Puking

I love the beach. It's actually warm here (a rarity on the Oregon Coast). Maiya loves the beach, too.

So far it's been a fun trip. All of J's collegues are super nice and it's been fun hanging out with them. J and I have had a little time together in the evenings. Yesterday we got to go for a walk on the beach and play fetch with Maiya. That was really fun. I'm hoping that we will do that again even thought Maiya and I just took a walk down there. She's sound asleep on the floor right now.

I think I'm starting to feel ready to start the year. Or at least I am for the moment because I haven't puked today. (I discovered Preggie Pops and so far today they've worked pretty well). I'm in a remarkable good mood and have enough energy so far today that I feel like maybe I can do this.

I talked to MIL today and gma is doing okay. They couldn't wait 4 days to thicken her blood before doing surgery this time, so she had surgery on Monday. She came out okay and she's pretty much out of it. MIL and SIL are going down there this weekend to find a new nursing home for her. The one they are looking at has a great staff, but is definitely more of a nursing home than the previous one. That makes MIL and grandpa R very sad. My MIl was crying when I talked to her.

I puked again yesterday (shhhh, YEAH!!!). It's such a relief to get sick these days. It's such a good sign. Especially now that we're past the point where it stopped developing last time. However perverse this sounds, it's like God's little sign to me that I don't need to worry and that everything is going well.

I still can't believe that I'm getting a tummy already. I'm sure it's just bloating, but for a girl who has big boobs and have always had a flat stomach, I feel funny.

I went shopping, hee hee! I know I shouldn't, for fear of jinxing, but I did. I have a denim skirt that has an elastic waist, a cute shirt that has a drawstring under the boobs, a crossover-type lightweight sweater type thing, and then today I bought a dress. It's too big now, but it is sooooo cute! It's red, spaghetti strap with embroydery flowers all over it. It has an empire waist and a draw string under the boobs. I've definitely had too much fun shopping. I hope J doesn't get mad :)

3 Comments:

Blogger chele said...

Congratulations to you and J. All that puking is a good sign. You sound pretty healthy to me. Enjoy every moment! :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger S said...

I am so glad you and J are having a wonderful time away together! YAY for throwing up LOL. In your posts you sound so much happier and I am so glad for you! xoxo Sheri

8:21 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Linday, I can finally hear the happiness in your posts, and it's wonderful! All the clothes you got sound adorable, and I am looking forward to seeing pics of you and your growing tummy in them!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home