Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dreams: Why do we have them?

I'm not a big fan of dreams right now. In one of my books I read that it is common to have very vivid dreams that are disturbing.

For example, it is common to have a dream about either you or your husband cheating on each other. They said that it omes from a fear of being able to satisfy your husband and take care of him like you have before. Okay, I'll accept that. Still disturbing, but I'll take it.

Another one they said was common, was to dream about your baby and either having something wrong with the baby or you doing something that harms the baby, like leaving the baby somewhere. They said that stems from a fear of not being able to be as good of a mother as you want to be.

But, there's no explanation for the ones I've been having. I don't have to think too hard to know why I'm having these dreams, but man, oh man, they suck. I have had at least one dream every night for almost a week where I am either miscarrying or have just miscarried. I know it is probably just my mind cycling through my fears, but it is still very disconcerting. I have over a week until my appiontment and I"m going nuts.

I haven't felt very sick lately. Yes, I know it's supposed to start getting better after 8 weeks, but it has gotten significantly better in a few days. I do wonder if it was because I had to be better yesterday because of camp and so I just did a better job of ignoring it more.

Oh, the joys of fear. I thought I would do a bit of research to comfort me. I tried to look up how much the chance of m/c drops after you see the heartbeat, but instead I found a bunch of people who had seen the h/b, but still miscarried. Great!!! That's so what I needed.

I know I'll survive until next Thursday. I hope this is just an irrational fear. I just wish I could see that everything is okay. It makes me sad that I spend so much time worryinng. I wish I could be confident and reassured. I guess this is one of those lessons that we learn and grow from. We don't always know everything and we don't know what God's plan for us is.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh Lindsay, I wish I could take all your fears away. When I was pregnant, I did WAY too much research on the Internet and all it did was make me worry even more. We are all gluttons for punishment it seems. Only a little bit longer until your next appointment, and I'll be right here to wait with you. HUGS!

2:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

I too had dreams about miscarrying...nasty dreams where I would wake up in a sweat in the fetal position. During pregnancy, our hormones are NUTS and there really isn't a whole lot you can do about it. Try not to research on the net too much - it's not a healthy habit! just know I'm here for you! xoxo

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Lins- I want to say the mc percentage drops to like 10% after seeing a heartbeat but I can't remember. I know it's low. Did you read my blog? I just posted a post about my dream. Our sons didn't belong to my dh! LOL I had the miscarriage dreams after mine too but before that, when I was stupid and thought it'd never happen to me, I never had any dreams like that. I'm sure everything is still growing away in there!

So did you get your storage shed and all that equipment back?? Grrr on men!!!

Take Care!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

i just wanted to say hi and

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

yeah i know i'm late but i was on a type of leave...lol. I'm sooo happy for you. i still have your number in my cell phone but don't want to wake you...

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home