Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

And So it Begins!

This last week was just a small taste of the chaos that is coming in the next few weeks. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the next few weeks. I also have the most admiration for all these women who go through morningsickness and have to work. By the end of this week, I could barely stand up during camp and I was only working 5 hours a day. I have no idea how I am going to survive next week. Here is the schedule for next week:

7:30 Be at field to set up for try-outs
8:00 - 10:00 Morning Try-out
10:30 - 12:00 Go to class I have to take (2 1/2 hours late)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 3:00 Go to class I have to take
3:30 Be at field to set up for try-out
4:00 - 6:00 Evening Try-out

I know this doesn't sound like much because many women work a much worse schedule, but having been off for two months, it just seems to be pure agony looming ahead.

People are starting to get very, very suspicious. I have one of the mothers of my soccer girls come up to me and asked why I looked so sick. I said I was puking all day and think I have something that is going around. She says Pregnancy isn't going around and I know you're pregnant. Uhhhhhhhhh. I was not at the top of my mental game and stammered out a less than convincing retort. Needless to say, she knows, now, but then we had a long talk about miscarriages and pregnancy. She had one between each of her 3 kids and one before the first. I know it happens, but it's nice to hear first that miscarriages happen to lots of people and second that people who even have multiple still have families.

I am also coming to grips with the fact that I need people. I cannot live in a vacuum. I need people to talk to, listen to, bounce ideas off of, share my fears with and to be reassured by. That is just how I work. I wish I didn't need people. I wish I was strong enough to handle everything on my own, but that's not how God made me. J has had no problem with keeping this a secret. He doesn't need anyone or at least gets his needs fulfilled through his relationships with me and his parents. I'm just not that way and he has such a hard time understanding why.

5 days until my appt. I can't wait to see the heartbeat again and to hear that everything is fine. I was reading that the development changes at 10 weeks and even then, you have a really good indicator of whether everything will be okay. So even if I'm a week off (which is what I suspect since I think I o'd on cd 21) I'll be at 10 weeks instead of 11 and they can tell me if everything is going to be fine (or at least with a high probablility). I just want to feel a little reassured. I know puking yesterday reassured me, but I'd rather not have to puke to be reassured :)

I must go jump in the shower. I am getting a pedicure with one of my friends today in Portland. We're going to go out to lunch as well. Yeah! It should be fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Lindsay-

Congrats! I have been really bad at the boards lately. I decided to read blogs today and just found out your wonderful news. I will be praying for you. I hated working and was tired all the time. You need to make sure you do what is the very best for you!

Take care!

Rhonda

3:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You need to update your blog...your fans are waiting! I hope all is well with you and the baby. I know you are incredibly busy, but I wanted you to know I was thinking about you.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home