Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Wow, I don't even want to look at how long it's been.

I've said this many times, but I'm hoping to keep this blog up this year. I've been really horrible this year about losing sight of myself and not taking care of myself. :-(

In the past year, I went from mostly staying at home, to working 8 part time jobs, to working full time, to now working 3 part time jobs. I really hope we can find a happy median, but we'll see as it looks like I need to start picking up some subbing days to supplement our income. Yuck! The good news is that it looks like there's a teacher that needs subbing on a regular basis, so I can sub for the same classes every week. Plus, it's at the school really close to where the girls go to school, so that will simplify things and it's where one of my best friends works.

They've changed the schedule at the college and I'm really excited. This new schedule will actually better reflect what we're getting paid for since they've been overworking us. :-) I will teach Math Fundamentals from 10 - 11:30, Basic Math from 12:15 - 1:45, Reading 1-2 from 5:00 - 5:50, Individual Focus 6:00 - 6:50, and Reading 2-3 from 7:00 - 7:50. While I think it will be a lot of work, I am really excited because I think I have a much better structure set up this time.

I have gained back all of the weight I had lost after Kara's birth and some. Yucky! For me it seems to be an all or nothing quest. I either have all the pieces in place: healthy eating, exercise, and good sleep, or nothing. I'm hoping to find an exercise class to take at the college between my classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm also planning on getting up on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays at 6:00 with J and either running, doing a workout video or doing the wii fit. I should be able to do that for an hour and still get the girls out the door for school on time.

I have picked up knitting this break. I really enjoy it. I think I often am doing things that I don't see an immediate result: working out, teaching, parenting, cleaning (ha, ha)! so, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels a lot. But, with knitting, I am creating something tangible and can see an instant result to my work. I've mostly just been practicing and learning how to make fewer mistakes, but I'm getting better. I've made the girls lots of blankets for their dolls and stuffed animals. I attempted to make a hat, but that turned out to be a miserable failure, but with a little adjustment has made a fantastic sleeping bag for one of Jana's stuffed animals. :-) I'm trying to teach myself the purl stitch so that I can make Kara a new blanket. I love the blankets that have the checkerboard appearance, so I'm going to try to make one once I master the purl stitch. Kara picked out one of the babysoft yarns that is yellow with flecks of all different colors in it. I'm really excited to get started and hope that I can still knit even when school starts.

Plus, I plan to start writing everyday. I'm hoping this will help me reflect on each day and its blessings as well as help me to focus on myself a little more (okay or even just at all).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Glad your back!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Kristi Ann said...

Yay! :) I JUST got back too! :) damn dial up! :)

Missed you girl!! Can't wait to catch up!~

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home