Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Friday, January 15, 2010

What a week!

Phew. I'm pooped.

It's been a crazy week.

I'm now trying to pick up 2 days a week subbing, as well as my regular teaching days on T/Th.

So, I subbed Monday in the other High School program at the college and then today at the middle school next to the girls' childcare center. It's been crazy, but it is what it is. I just keep saying, I love my family and if this means I actually get a summer break this year, that's wonderful.

I had a huge blow up with a colleague at work. She's a freaking nut job. She tries to mother me (one of her sons graduated with J from high schools). Apparently she was displeased with how well I cleaned up scraps of paper that fell out of my kids' spiral notebooks, so she swept them up, dumped them on my teaching supplies with a note that said, "I think you left something behind." Then she attempted to berate me and tell me I'm disrespectful and a brat. Are you F*%^ing kidding me? She's the passive aggressive one who got mad when I took the box of overheads over to the copy machine to make a copy. She's a total control freak and apparently I don't kiss her ass enough, even though she has no power/responsibility over me at all. She blew it so out of proportion that our supervisor had to get involved. How ridiculous!!! I had about a 40 minute meeting with her where all she could say was, "It's her, not you." Next week will be very interesting to say the least.

Other than that, teaching is going fine. I'm really trying to do some work with progress monitoring and data collection and analysis to drive my instruction. The kids are good and happy to see me again, which is nice. I'm just remembering that maybe I did like being in my own building and not really having to deal with other adults! :-)

Exercise didn't go great this week. I taught class on Monday, but it wasn't a good class because I was so tired. Tuesday and Thursday I was way too busy to be able to leave and go to the gym between classes. Wednesday I taught class and it was an awesome workout and I did my Biggest Loser workout DVD as well as some wii fit.

So, the girls are now going to childcare full time. :-( It makes me so sad, but it has to be that way so I can either be miserable about it or just accept it. They are fine. Kara cried so hard as soon as she saw me this afternoon when I picked her up. Gulp! I think we're going to send them M, T, be home with me on W, then they'll go Th, F.

I'm quitting one of the gyms I work out. This way, I won't work Friday nights and then I'm going to cut down a bit on my hours on M and W evenings. I'm hoping to just work from 6 to 7 on those evenings and then take the girls swimming from 7 to 8. It puts them to bed late, but on T, Th, I don't have to be to work until 9:30ish, so we can be later. They also go with me on Saturdays and swim after my classes. We're trying to make our time together be better time!

Thanks for still reading guys! I miss you too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home