Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Goals and a good day!

Goals for 2010

As always, I want to lose weight. We're heading to Hawaii in July, so I really, really want to be at a weight that I won't be embarrassed to be in the pictures, or hide from the pictures. It's amazing to look back and realize that no one would know that you were on the trip because you hid from the camera the whole time. So instead of that being my goal, here are the ways that I can get there.

1. Eat at least one serving of veggies every day. I'm horrible at eating veggies on a regular basis, so this will be an improvement.

2. Be active everyday and make working out a priority. Even if I can't go work out, take a walk, or take the long way so I walk a little more, park further away so I have to walk further, take the stairs, etc.

3. Be more patient with my daughters.

4. Have special one on one time with both girls and hubby every week.

5. Either continue knitting or find another way to relieve stress or boredom instead of eating!




So far,

1. I am on day 6 of eating at least one service of veggies every day. One day it was just a bowl of carrots before bed because I had forgotten, but I wasn't in the mood for ice cream after eating the carrots, so that's improvement. :-)

2. I worked out, Monday, twice on Wednesday, and Saturday. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, I decided to leave my lunch in the car, so I had to take at least one extra walking trip a day. Not much, but something. :-)

3. I had a great day with the girls with only a few moments when I was getting frustrated.

4. Kara and I have been having wonderful snuggly time most days. Ahh, I love how much she lets me snuggle, hug, and kiss her. :-) Jana and I had a fantastic "date" today. We returned one of her broken Christmas gifts (never worked) and she got to choose a new present, went on a quick errand to Target, picked up some more yarn and a crocheting starter kit (to crochet a border on Kara's new blanket that I knitted her, since she never got her own, new baby blanket), and then a trip to DQ for some ice cream with one of my friends that Jana adores. It was such a nice day!!!

5. Today I knitted Kara a new hat (which Jana immediately took as her own and Kara didn't mind). I'm currently working on a bag that matches Jana's hat and about to crochet a scalloped border on Kara's new blanket... no unnecessary snacking or stress/boredom eating today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home