Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Why have I been avoiding posting?

I think I've started a post 3 or 4 times and always have deleted it or semi-intentionally never gotten anywhere with it.

Why?

I think a big reason is because I don't want to sit here and complain. Another is because I don't want to admit that I'm not any closer to even starting on the path toward any of the goals I want to reach.

I feel so pathetic, but I really feel like I'm losing the grasp on who I am.

I have no idea how to or ability to manage being me and being a mom. I feel like I'm failing so miserably at both.

I'm really starting to wonder about being depressed again. I really don't want to take meds again, but this isn't a whole lot of fun. I'm not "depressed", I'm not "sad", I'm just not enjoying much these days. This isn't something I can will my way out of right now... trust me, I've been trying.

I feel like my words are so hollow. Whenever anyone makes a comment about how busy I must be, my usual response is "yeah, but what a wonderful reason to be busy!" That is totally how I feel, but there are no emotions behind those words anymore. They're hollow.

I'm feeling so out of control. I feel like I can't control anything around me. So, in comes those old thoughts and habits (destructive habits) that were my "way" of controlling something. I can rationalize those away and I'm not falling back in to old habits, but here they come creeping back into my brain.

J made the comment last week that it was the first time that he'd seen me smile in a long time. Ugh! Tell me that's not a knife through the heart.

Where have I gone - the real me? How come I'm so incredibly inept at balancing life? Why have I let myself fall off the priority list? How do people do this and stay a person?

So, this is why I haven't updated. I've lost me. If you see me, can you send me home? I'd love to be that person again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

aww HUGS Lindsay! Your posts always hit a cord with me. I think we are very similar in where we are at emotionally these days. I just feel like I am floating through life right now somedays.

7:41 AM  
Blogger S said...

Ditto to Jen's comment above! There are some days that you write what is in my head.

I have felt that numbess, the lost feeling you write about. It was probably 8 months after Adam was born. I wasn't sad or happy - I was just going through life. finally Shawn mentioned to my doctor (!Egads he called my doctor it must have been worst than I thought!) and my doctor called me in for an appointment, thinking I had PPD. I didn't want to go on meds (I have in past for bi-polar) so I started writing in my gratitude journal. It really, truly helped me to be grateful and HAPPY for what I have in my life. Things like your mom's comments are really insignificant when you write down five things you are grateful for that touched you that day.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home