Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Monday, September 11, 2006

I should be...

I should be working on school work while Jana's asleep because I can't seem to get my feet under me at school, but I can't.

I just read Kristi Ann's blog and am reminded how petty my angst has been.

I know I'm frustrated and unhappy at my job. I'm sad and extremely ego-bruised because I didn't get the job I applied for, but let's stop and think about the blessed life I live. I'm stressed about money now that instead of making 40k this year I'm making 18k. I'm scared I'm never going to get another teaching job when I want to go back to work. I feel sick to my stomach and teary because I'm feeling so unsettled.

And then I stop and think about it.

And I want to kick myself.

Five years ago, people's lives were shattered. Fathers, mothers, grandparents, children, friends were lost. Not lost, stolen.

How do I keep a better perspective? How do I not get wrapped up in my own pity party? Why do I let things get to me so much?

I better go plan so at least my lessons will be ready for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

We all lose that better perspective. I am not sure why or how if happens, but we are all wrapped up in our own lives until something so big happens that we can't be any longer.

I hope you were able to get your lessons finished and enjoy some time with Jana.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kristi Ann said...

Lindsay-

I understand completely!

It is so easy to forget how many blessings we really have. I do it ALL the time!! I try, at night, to list all my blessings...and thank God for them.
Life is hard enough.
And being a mom is the HARDEST job in the world......you thought you had worries before....:)

I hope that you feel better and get things in the order that you want them! I believe all things happen for a reason....and you are in for something GREAT!

*hugs*

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home