Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Feeling Out of Sorts

Life has changed dramatically in a year. Despite being pregnant and planning for the arrival of my wonderful daughter, I'm amazed at how different of a place I was at last year...

I was 10 weeks pg and saw a heartbeat and the most amazing little person inside of me and was telling everyone I was pg.

I was coaching

I was attending trainings on our new math curriculum.

I was so excited to go back to school (I love the fall with the energy of a new school year, football games, etc).

I was interested in what I was teaching because it was all new Math curriculum.

I was worried about whether I'd feel okay or be cranky with my students.

I was worried about whether the kids would like me or if I'd have a group that I'd have to make hate me so they'd behave.

I wondered how long I'd have to be "mean" to my students before I would be able to be nice because I had "trained" them to behave in my class.

I was worried about whether my soccer team would win games


Now...

I have no desire to go back to school.

I was at school today and didn't go see anyone and I even had Jana with me to show off and I didn't.

I'm nervous about how much stress teaching will put me under and if I can still be a good mommy for the time I may have to teach.

I'm wondering if any of my collegues will still speak to me since I'm leaving.

I'm worried about where on earth I will be able to pump because I am determined to not let work get in the way of me breastfeeding Jana until she's a year.

I'm worried about how it'll be with my baby being away from me. Will she miss me? Will she notice that I'm gone, besides getting fed by a bottle instead of a boob?



I just don't handle change very well and I think it's starting to catch up with me. I've worked hard to handle the changes that have come my way over the last few months in a way that Jana would be able to cope well. I think I've reached my limit though. It isn't that I've been an emotional wreck today, but I've been very high strung and all over the place. I actually forgot whether I'd called someone or not. When I've hit my limit with change, I just start to feel like I'm in a strange place: everything feels weird, there's no feeling of normal, and I don't react like I would normally. I just feel like I have to consciously remind myself to do the normal things.

So, I think I need to start making lists daily to help me find my routine again and make me settle into one in the new house. I need to start feeling like I accomplish things on a daily basis. Since we still have boxes around, I don't feel like I can really clean, so I just don't do anything.

Enough excuses!!! I'm forcing myself to find NORMAL.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Ann said...

Awww...well life certainly does change! Amazing what a difference a year can make! I am like you too.....I hate any kind of change! But I guess thats hwat makes our lives so darn ....interesting? lol I hope you find the "normallcy" you (and I) crave!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Linds- I understand about school. My collegues called me for awhile, wanting me to bring the kids in for a visit. I never went and they don't call anymore. I had no desire to be at the school. I still don't. I am sending my Big Z off to school tomorrow and am very glad that the people in that building only know me as a mom, not as a teacher. Sorry you have to go back. I hope it all works out for the best.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home