Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Can you believe it? A good dr's appointment?

So went to dr's yesterday. I switched clinics to a new one, so I had my yearly exam with a nurse practitioner. Imagine that, but she actually listened to me.

When I told her about my weird cycle before going on bc, she instantly thought that it was another m/c. Very different from the other dr. who told me I was imagining things.

She wants me to get tested for PCOS. She's fairly sure that is an issue for me since I have many of the symptoms, but happy to know that I was able to get pg.

She also said that she will order early tests for me next time I get pg and do early ultrasounds.

She was really nice and I felt really comfortable talking to her. I even fessed up about my eating issues, which even caught me by surprise.

So, I guess we're going to start trying again next month. We decided to that would be okay because we're kind of anticipating that it'll take us a while longer this time and it would be nice to be out of the "danger" zone before school starts. I'm not going to temp, but we'll do opks.

I'm kind of scared, kind of excited, I'll be done with my pills on the 10th. Wow, that's soon.

Here we go again :)

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I am so glad you had a good appointment and they actually listened to what you had to say. I am happy that you felt comfortable enough to share personal information - it's hard to get to that point.

and YAY for trying again! Stay away from the thermo- it's the death of me! Wishing you lots of luck - you deserve this!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

I am so glad you are going to start to try again! I hoe you and I can be PG buddies - that would be wonderful!!!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home