Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Have you ever looked at your child and cried for no reason?

That was me this morning.

I decided to put Jana in some of her big girl clothes and then I decided to try pigtails. I stepped back and got choked up. Partly because I think she is the most beautiful little thing (gotta love parental bias) and partly because she's gotten so big. I guess when I just leave her hair alone she looks like such a baby, but up she looked like a little girl!

I know as time goes on that I will, but I seriously don't know if I could love this little girl anymore. My heart feels like it's going to burst when I look at her and just watch her. It was also cute watching the other parents at the playground today look at her. I swear it is the best compliment (even when they don't say anything) when people admire your kid. I could see by the looks on their faces that they thought she was cute and my heart melted more.

I have to show off my little girl... since she's not truly a baby anymore.


"Why are you looking at me like that, mommy? Can't I eat my breakfast in peace?"


"LET ME OUT OF THIS STROLLER!"

"Go, elephant. Go"

"Umm, hello! You are can't push the car from there, silly Mama!"

"I can make this car go all by myself!"

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Every day I realize how blessed I am and then some days I just GET IT. It makes my heart hurt how much I love my son! love is so amazing!

And PS: Jana is sooo grown up and adorable!

9:33 PM  
Blogger jude said...

Jana is so cute!!!! I completely agree with sheri and yourself when you say you love your child so much it hurts. I just wish our children realize it. They are our world and I am glad to be a part of yours.
Love and hugs

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home