Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Diet Day 46

I lost another pound this week. I was bummed it was only a pound, but I know it is because I've been supplementing my food intake. I just seem so hungry all the time. I'm guessing it has to do with all the exercise and I'll probably have a hard time losing a lot until I back off my exercise and can really stick to my menu.

I can't really see a difference, but that is totally my distorted vision of myself. I have been giving clothes away to one of my friends, who is also losing weight, as I can't wear them anymore. I tried on the new suits I bought last fall that I only wore a few times because I was pregnant and the pants are already too big. I wish I saw a difference in myself. I still just see pudginess and grossness. It's really aggravating.

I will say, though, I am eating healthier than I ever have in my entire life. I'm eating vegetables with lunch as well as dinner, way less carbs and eating far less processed foods than I have in the past. I've also stopped the mindless eating. I still find myself stress-eating, but at least when I am doing that I recognize it and am making good choices about what I eat.

Thurs 7/5: Sign up day. Starting amount I want to lose: 46 lbs to go

Friday 7/6: Got my menus. Somehow I was down 3 lbs. 43 lbs to go

Wed 7/11: First weigh in and Day 5 on diet: down 5 lbs. 38 lbs to go

Wed 7/18: Second weigh in and Day 12 on diet: down 1.5 lbs. 36.5 lbs to go

Wed 7/25: Third weigh in and Day 19 on diet: down 4 lbs. 32 lbs to go

Wed 8/1: Fourth weigh in and Day 26 on diet: down 2 lbs. 30 lbs to go

Wed 8/22: Fifth weigh in and Day 32 on diet: up 1 lb. 31 lbs to go

Wed 8/29: Sixth weigh in and Day 39 on diet: down 3 lbs. 28 to go.

Wed 9/5: Seventh weigh in and Day 46 on diet: down 1 lb. 27 to go.

In six weeks, I've lost 19 lbs.


I don't talk a whole lot about my exercising, but I had to add because I'm proud of it: Since the 23rd of June I have run 143.8 miles. Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Awesome job with the weight loss! I've been at it for 3 weeks and I'm down 4 lbs. You're posts are very motivating. Thanks.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

WTG on the weightloss!! Sorry about the deleted comment. I was in the wrong account! Keep up the great work!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home