Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Summed up by a song.. and other random stuff

In church today, we were singing a song that struck me. I'm horrible about remembering words, but the chorus was something like, "I'm bringing it back to be about You"

There was a line that caught me: "I'm sorry for making it about a thing it's not meant to be."

Wow. Does that describe it or what!?!?!

I've been so caught up in the stupid "I wants." I've wasted so much money and thus energy and worry because I've spent so much money on things that don't matter. I've been so into having the 'things' that make life comfy that I haven't spent time making life what it should be.

As someone in our class said, "We're use to the life we see our parents have and want to match it, but in reality, they didn't have that life when they were our ages - they had to work for it and earn it." My parents live a very cushy life (and they have earned it). Did they when we were little, no - so why do I expect to live that way now? I have no idea.

It's actually been kind of freeing to be on this tight budget this month. I have realized that I can't spend money because I feel like it. I have bought groceries and today I bought Jana two pairs of shoes (BOGO) because she has no shoes that fit anymore (Yay, my little girl finally is out of pre-walker sizes and into toddler sizes. She finally is a size 5). It is so empowering to know that I am spending money we have and that I'm in control of our progress.



As requested, here are some recent pics of me. I'm not often in pictures (since I'm the one that always takes them) and when I am, it's usually with a kid. So this is the best I can do.

Here's a before pic.

(Don't you love how I find the most unflattering pictures for the before pics? I guess they just make me feel better about where I am now.) Part of this isn't fair because these before pics were very soon after I had Kara.

And a now pic.

(I'll try to get one of me that I'm not hiding behind a kiddo and post it.)

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

You look great sweetie! all your hard work is paying off!

This phrase made me think:
My parents live a very cushy life (and they have earned it). Did they when we were little, no - so why do I expect to live that way now?

You are right! When I was little, my parents didn't have much but I guess I've forgotten they were once like I am. Thanks for the reminder.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi Ann said...

Is it called

"Im bringing it back to the heart of worship?"

and its all about you...its all about you Lord...

We sang that this weekend as well.. It ALWAYS brings my emotions to the top level....because its SOOO easy to forget.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home