Just Call Me Mama

Welcome to my blog and the inner-workings of my brain. This is my method of coping with my life: the losses, the joys and my struggle back to being a writer. You'll find my most private thoughts as well as my most recent attempts at writing again. Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just Hitting Me

Holy smokes! I went back and read my last post and it struck me.

I had a kid in my classroom that is a murderer. Not just murdered, but stabbed him to death.

Now that I think about it, how freaky it is that I had this kid in my class. I even got into confrontations with him about his behavior in my class.

I can't even imagine what could have been going on his head to get him to that point. What goes through someone's mind to rationalize those actions? How could one even think those actions are reasonable?

The gang issues there are one of the reasons I have no desire to go back to my old school. It is also the main reason we moved out of our old house.

I just can't even begin to wrap my brain around this. I just feel ill. This kid was in my classroom and I pushed his buttons to get him to work.

How does one live with this? How do I rationalize that one of my students killed another person? It's not just someone over there. This is a kid, with a face that was in my classroom most days. This is a kid I didn't reach. This is a kid with no future now.

How do I accept that I didn't help this kid? Did I do enough?

1 Comments:

Blogger jude said...

Hey there girl. I know it is hard to see right now but rember that you did not give up on this kid. As unfortunate as it is some just don't want the help or see that you are doing things for their benifit. Don't beat yourself up over this. There are a lot of others that you have helped and have saved from a life of destruction. I just know it.
((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home